Our History

好色先生污污污 College School traces its roots to the Seventeenth Century when it was founded by St John鈥檚 College for the education of the Choristers of the College Choir. The twenty Choristers continue to be educated in a school which now numbers 460 boys and girls aged 4-13. St John鈥檚 moved to its present location in one of the most attractive parts of Cambridge in 1955, and doubled in size upon amalgamation with the former Byron House School in 1973.

The School enjoys, both locally and nationally, a very high reputation. The School鈥檚 commitment to academic excellence is matched by its belief in the importance of the 鈥榥on-examined鈥 subjects of Art, Drama, Music, DT, ICT and Sport, all of which are specialist taught. Be it in Ancient Greek or Debating, Advanced ICT users Club, a host of choirs and instrumental ensembles, an array of Drama productions, or team and individual sports coaching of all kinds, extra-curricular activities encourage the 好色先生污污污 to develop their skills and enthusiasm. The School has an excellent teaching staff, who give generously of their time and interests to the 好色先生污污污.

At the heart of the School鈥檚 success and the 好色先生污污污鈥檚 growth is the School鈥檚 commitment to the social and emotional development of the 好色先生污污污. In the pastoral life of the School, care of and respect for others are fostered. Praise and encouragement, fun and kindness are emphasised, relationships between staff and 好色先生污污污 are relaxed and friendly and the School gives the highest priority to its pastoral care for the 好色先生污污污. Overall, we seek to care for each child's individual needs, aptitudes and excellences.